Thursday, July 08, 2010

Familiar Face | Moncton Equine Photographer

Last weekend found me at the New Brunswick Codiac Reining Show in Sussex NB. I love this show, and working with this group of people! Not to mention how much fun it is to watch the patterns, and year over year, see who has new horses, who has improved. Last weekend though, it made my heart happy when I spotted an old familiar face on the grounds.

Mr Tyrone Redford, at 21 this year, is back in the show ring. This time, it's not to navigate trail obstacles, or win a pleasure class, he's reining, and he's really good at it. You see, I knew him back when he was just a young fellow. Working at D&J stables at the time, I spent quite a bit of time with Tyrone, and his brothers and sisters.
The years have been good to him, and he's still the same horse, goes around that pen loping and spinning and stopping (with a nice slide btw Anabelle) with his ears perked forward, totally enjoying the experience.
His owner says that they didn't realize what a celebrity they had on their hands until they started showing. They are known as "Tyrones owners" to anyone who hasn't met them before, and I'm sure that the old guy probably smiles every time he hears it!


See those ears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!