Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Horses and High Heels | Moncton Equine Photographer

There was no question in my mind, I knew as I was driving out the driveway what I would call this blog entry. Which is a relief, if you look back, some titles have been less than exciting, and some very cliche (ewwww)
But what else could you title a story about a gal, who is obsessed with those two very things?
I remember Sarah and BJ from the very first horse show I ever attended with any kind of an official status. I handed out business cards at the show, in hopes that someone would see something they liked, I remember the email from Sarah, in fact, I still have it. If I had time to drag out my old pc and search through the archives I'd pull it out, but, it was one of my very first emails that made me cry. No, no she wasn't mean, in fact, quite the opposite. She talked about how I made Bj and her look like superstars, heck, that wasn't really me, I just shoot what I see! She became one of my first and most loyal clients and in turn, a friend.

I was excited when Sarah contacted me early this spring, I couldn't wait to see these two outside of the show ring, in their element, doing what they do. They have always made an awesome team in the show pen, so I knew that their bond at home would be true, natural and easy to capture. They didn't disappoint, and neither did the weather. Seriously, I couldn't have ordered better lighting if I tried.
So here is Sarah and BJ, this is what we captured.

See, perfect lighting!



He took good care of her, BJ is a big boy, over 16hh!

See what I mean, natural, and happy.

The details, hers...

and his.

Backdrop to die for out behind the outdoor pen

More of that sweet lighting at the barn door.






And, the shoes! I was down in the dirt shooting these, but it was worth it!



I laughed to myself when I saw this, his shiny toes in the background, her beautiful shoes in that beautiful sunlight. It was another beautiful shot.

Thanks Sarah and BJ!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Fantastic shots of my little sis! You definately captured her two 'loves'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Now you've made me cry!!!!!!!!!!! I love them all!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to kiss that horse on the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing as always! I always joke that a girl spends more time worrying about horse shoes than her own shoes....but these pics capture attention to detail on both! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing pictures and definetely capture who you are Sarah! What a wonderful keepsake!
    The pictures put tears in my eyes they are so beautiful and tell their own tale.. So well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, you amaze me girl! Love the shot of human/equine shoes together, as they should be. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!