Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Dad.

He's handmade stove top popcorn on Sunday nights, while watching Disney,  He's brushing my long hair on Sunday mornings before Church, He's the one who tucked me in so tight I couldn't move at night. He is a lover of animals, no matter how much he tries to convince you otherwise.  

He's patience personified, whether he was waiting for the teenager me to be done work in the barn, or in trying to teach life's lessons.  He is one of my biggest cheerleaders.  He makes me believe that I can do it, from learning to drive standard, to making this photography passion a business.  

He is slow and steady, he is calm and determined, he is a hard worker.  He taught me that you should be proud of what you do, take the time to do it right, the very first time.  He reminds me that good food is worth the wait.   That the best things in life, are free, but damn, girl, when you buy, buy something of good quality so you don't have to buy it 2 or 3 times.  

He loves, from planting a garden in the spring, to corvettes, to fishing the brooks, to listening to music, to my mother.  He loves with all of his heart, and he wears those emotions for all of us to see.  

He is camping with his family, he is bonfires at night.  He is a mentor, a life liver.  He is a friend to everyone, and when people speak of him, their lips curl up with a grin.  He's a tease, he loves to joke, and has fooled me with more stories in my life than I care to acknowledge!  

He is Willie Nelson on long drives, and admires music, almost all of it, except that "twingy twangy" stuff.  He appreciates an honest voice and true talent with instruments.  He is my trumpeter.  

He is my Dad, and I love him with every ounce of my being.  Happy Fathers Day, Dad.  I love you.  For all these reasons, and so many more.




1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!